Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Month Two

I want to know how your first month of couponing went? Please leave a comment and let me know how things went. What did you learn, what are areas you improved, what are areas you would like to continue to improve in? 

Welcome to Month Two of learning to coupons. I hope you have started to build a small stockpile. If you are still struggling to get a stockpile built and having some difficulty please feel free to email me at CouponQueenHolly at Gmail dot com, and I will be happy to help you on a personal basis. 

This month, we aren't going to do a ton different I have a couple small challenges for you to help you get that stockpile built up, but otherwise your main goal this second month is to stick with your original budget, and keep your Needs List to only 50% of your grocery list, and your Stockpile list the other 50%. 

Remember your Need Items should be on sale for at least 40% off (with the exclusion of meat and produce, those items are a bit harder to get around that price, but still continue to get them on sale. I will continue to post produce & meat sales to help you out in that area of shopping).  

You Stockpile Items should be at least on sale 51% off the original price (that would include the use of coupons with sales). 

My challenge to you this month is to try and increase your stockpile even more so. Here's what I suggest you do:

  1. Get as many items that are FREE or Money Makers, stock up on these type of items. I try and post links to these items as often as possible so be sure to grab these when they are available. 
  2. Increase your Stockpile Items from 51% off to at least 60% off, and increase your Need Items from 40% to 45%. 
Again, this is only the second month so don't overwhelm yourself if this isn't possible. My goal this month is to begin adding percentages next to all the items that I deem great items to buy. Also if you want I still recommend The Grocery Game to help you with your weekly shopping lists. If you haven't signed up yet, please be sure to let them know I sent you the email address I use for that site is yonfamily5 at gmail dot com.

Again please leave a comment to let me know how your first month went. If you have any additional questions you can alway email me at CouponQueenHolly at Gmail dot com, and I will be more than happy to help you out with your couponing experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment