Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Couponing: Make it Fit Your Lifestyle

As I have stated in earlier posts I have been officially been couponing for 9 1/2 months now. I started out rocky, as I had no idea what I was doing. A friend introduced me to TheGroceryGame.com, and from there it started. I didn't believe I could ever cut my grocery bill from $700/mth to $300/mth (I think I'm closer to $250 now, but I need to do some checking), but I am living proof it is absolutely possibly.

What I wanted to share today is that in the beginning you spend more time couponing then you do once you get a good handle on the whole thing. Remember you can make Couponing fit into your time and budget, don't let it take your life over, because it can if you let it. The more time you put into learning and understanding how to properly use coupons the more greater your savings will be. After 9 months I am in a good place, both financially and time wise. I am spending way less time on my coupons now then I did at first.

Now that I have a really good stockpile of items, I am VERY picky about what I buy and when. I am also picky about the kinds of coupons I use. I don't have the need to run out and buy things, of course there are the weekly things such as produce & milk. But even now, with the knowledge and experience I have gained I am able to fold these type of need items into my grocery bill to bring the cost down even further, such as using overage items, or Register Rewards, or Extra Care Bucks.

I know it can seem frustrating in the beginning but just take a deep breathe and know that if you are saving money each week you are doing GREAT! This really isn't a contest about who saves the most, it's just about making it work for you and your budget and your family. Some weeks you will save more than others. Make it fit into your lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment