Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Preparing For My Weekly Shopping Trip(s)- Overages

I thought it might be beneficial to many of you to have a better understanding of how I prepare for my week's grocery shopping trips, which hopefully will assist you in preparing better for your trips as well.

First of all - organization is key! And I say that, thinking, boy am I really unorganized at the moment. My coupons are just in piles and have taken over my entire dinning room table. The piles are somewhat organized, ok, well only I understand where everything is in my organized chaos. It's been a challenge for me with the kids home full time, and I am just not finding the time to get everything I need to done, but I am hanging in there.

Back to the subject at hand: Let me just tell you about this week and what my plans are. The items that I Need, and the items that are a great sale and I plan to stock up on. And how I plan to keep my grocery bill down even if I don't have coupons for all the items I plan to buy.

Second, I have gone through and sought out this coming week's deals, through various websites that I use frequently. Of course one being I Heart Publix. Every Monday, Michelle from I Heart Publix posts the coming week's ad with full match-ups (Thank you, Michelle)! I look over the whole list and then look for items that will be on sale and are worth stocking up on.

I am especially seeking out items that will provide Overages. Why? Because, the overages will help offset the rest of my grocery bill especially on items that I need (such as meat & produce), which don't always tend to have coupons. This week in particular, has a couple of great Overage items, with the right coupons: the following was taken directly from I Heart Publix's website


Kellogg’s FiberPlus Cereal, Antioxidants: Cinnamon Oat Crunch or Berry Yogurt Crunch, 11.5 or 15.3 oz box, BOGO $3.99-B1G1 Kellogg’s Cereal TARGET coupon
-$.50/1 Kellogg’s FiberPlus Cereal
-$1/2 Kellogg’s Cereals, 10 oz + (exp 8/1/2010)
-$1/2 Kellogg’s Cereals, 10 oz + (exp 8/1/2010)
-$1.50/3 Kellogg’s Cereals, 10 oz +
-$1.25/3 Kellogg’s Cereals 10 oz+ 6/27/2010 RP Insert (exp 8/8/2010)
-
$1/2 Kellogg’s Cereals, 10 oz +
Half price BOGO: Buy two, use the Target BOGO coupon with two $.50/1 –if your store doubles you get both for FREE ($1 for both if your store does not double)
True BOGO: Buy two, use the Target BOGO coupon with two $.50/1 –Free plus overage (if allowed)



Bic Disposable Razors, Assorted Varieties, 3 to 8-ct pkg BOGO $5.49-$2/1 BIC Disposable Shaver 6/27/2010 RP Insert (exp 7/31/2010)
-$3/1 Bic Soleil Disposable Shavers 7/11/2010 SS Insert (exp 10/31/2010
)
-$2/1 Bic Soleil Bella Shaver (FF) or Printable (FF)
-$1/1 BIC Soleil Bella Upromise eCoupon (exp 7/31/2010)
If the Soleil are included you get each package FREE with the $3/1 coupon (don’t forget to load your Upromise eCoupon!!)



Now that I know what items will give overage, I look for the proper coupons to use, to provide that overage. I know I need all of the following Qs:
-B1G1 Kellogg’s Cereal TARGET coupon - need three
-$1.50/3 Kellogg’s Cereals, 10 oz + - need two
-$3/1 Bic Soleil Disposable Shavers 7/11/2010 SS Insert (exp 10/31/2010) - need two


I will then check through my personal coupon stash to see which Qs I have and which ones I don't. For the ones I don't, I will try a clipping service and order from there the Qs that I need to make the overages possible. Unfortunately, if I didn't have the Target coupon for the cereal I would be out of luck, as I don't believe this any longer available for print on Target's website, at least I am not seeing it. 


On Monday I ordered the coupons that I will need for next week's sales. 


Tomorrow I will continue this discussion: Mixing Needs with Stockpile Items



No comments:

Post a Comment